Foot Spa Do Wonders for Your Feet
Your feet take you where you want to go. If you want to treat your feet well, then a foot spa is a wise investment. Your feet take you everywhere – running, walking to school, to work, to the store. Playing with your kids, doing work around the house. You could make an argument that your feet are the hardest working part of your body!
That’s why taking care of them is so important. Plus, it can be incredibly relaxing, soothing and rejuvenating.
Consider a Foot Spa – it really is the ultimate way to pamper and take care of your feet. Think of it like taking your car to one of those pricey car washes where they rub everything down by hand. It’s the same for your feet. A good foot spa can relax your feet and prepare them to take on the day or a busy week.
Foot spas are based on the complementary therapy known as reflexology – using pressure points in the foot to relieve stress throughout the body. Add a little heated and bubbling water for a soothing massage effect and you’ve got an amazing foot therapy!
Benefits of a Foot Spa
Aside from making your feet feel good, a foot spa can help your health. Patients with arthritis in their ankles, feet, and legs can find relief from aching joints.
Health professionals believe that foot spas help relieve headaches and stomach ailments aggravated by stress. Suffer from constant cold feet? A foot spa can provide temporary relief.
All foot spas have the same basic design. They look like an oversized tub that is designed to hold both your feet. The vast majority allow you to add essential oils or cleaning agents to the device.
Most have jets that spray water that provides a gentle massage and a thermostat to keep the water a constant temperature. Beyond that, each manufacturer has their own idea of what users want.
Here’s a list of some potential features:
- Large reservoir for holding the water
- Water Jets
- Massage Rollers
- Water Heaters
- Remote controls
- Water Aerators
Foot Spa Extras
The features you can find on Foot Spas are nearly endless. Depending on the price and your desires, you’ll surely find a foot spa that will bring the highest level of comfort and meet your expectations.
Here are some features that are both functional and make your spa time more relaxing.
A variable temperature control: This allows users to set the water temperature rather than accept what the manufacturer sets. If you suffer from nerve damage and have a hard time detecting changing temperatures, this may be a feature important to you. Otherwise, without this control, you’ll have to accept what the manufacturer sets.
Variable speed jets and rollers: You’ll find these features on some of the more high-end models. This allows you to select the water pressure from the jets and the speed and pressure of the rollers to customize the pressure for your foot spa massage.
Toe touch buttons: This is a clever feature that allows you to control your foot spa with a touch of your toe. I’ve tried this, the level of difficulty is pretty low, but the convenience is very high!
Recirculating water: This is typically known as a waterfall feature. Not only do you get the massage jets, you also get the sensation of a gentle waterfall over your feet.
LED lighting: Some foot spas have lighting that illuminates within the unit. Picture this – the lights are off, a few candles burning in the background and around the room, nothing but the soothing massage of your foot spa and a lovely glow from within the massager. This feature can really enhance your foot spa experience!
Get The Most From Your Foot Spa
Don’t let this baby sit in your closet after a one time use. To truly enjoy and get the full benefits, you have to use it! Place it next to the tub or shower. Make it part of your Sunday night – get ready for the week routine. Guaranteed – the more you use it, the more you’ll love it.
Keep your foot spa clean tidy by wiping it down thoroughly between uses. Make sure you empty it properly and avoid moisture and additives to accumulate and avoid the dreaded grimy marks.
Foot Spa at Home
Of course, you can make your own foot spa at home using some simple tools. You won’t get some of the refined features of a dedicated foot spa on the market, but you can make a pretty relaxing foot spa with minimal cost.
Using a simple washing bowl or tub and a good quality foot soak can be a cost-effective alternative to a traditional more expensive foot spa. Water to temperature, Epsom salts, and a pumice stone is a great start to enjoying a relaxing foot spa. This a great way to find out if you enjoy the experience before investing in a more costly device. Good Luck!
There are a multitude of foot spas on the market and most of them will make your feet feel good. However, as the price goes up, so do the number of bells and whistles. Decide why you want the spa, whether it’s for relaxation or health reasons, then decide what features are important. Then sit back, relax and enjoy pampering your feet.
Best Foot Spas on the Market
Give your feet a break with the all New Revlon Foot Spa Collection. The Revlon Invigorating Pedicure Foot Spa delivers an invigorating massage with relaxing bubbles, massaging roller, removable pumice stone & 5 piece pedicure kit to keep your feet soft and nails polished. This footbath will maintain water temperature desired but will not heat up cold water, so start off with warm, hot, cold water. Foot bath is shaped to fit your feet and the base is textured to stimulate blood flow after a long day at work or play.
- Soothing Massage, bubbles and pedicure tools for a total spa oasis
- Smart Heat maintains desired water temperature for soothing relief. Will not heat up cold water.
- Start with desired water temperature.
- Removable Pumice Stone to soften your feet
- Toe-touch controls
- Includes 5 Piece Pedicure set
The HoMedics Foot Salon Pro Footbath with Heat Boost Power delivers effervescent bubbles to soothe tight muscles and overworked feet with a relaxing vibration massage. The four pressure node rollers provide a kneading massage to relax and revitalize your feet. The Foot Salon Pro includes a pedicure center with four attachments to soften and pamper your feet in the comfort of your own home.
- Heat Boost Power heats cold water to 98 degrees in minutes.
- Gentle vibration and massaging bubbles to relax overworked feet.
- Pedicure center with 4 attachments and built-in storage.
- 4 pressure-node rollers provide kneading massage.
- Integrated splash guard helps prevent splashing and spills.
Multifunction Foot Spa by Ivation! Integrating all the best features of acupressure, shiatsu, heat, and hydrotherapy, our all-in-one bath delivers massaging, bubbling bliss to your achy soles and toes. Choose from a full suite of functions designed to target your various foot complaints. Activate the bubble feature to encourage circulation, while allover vibration soothes soreness and pain. Two built-in motorized rollers let you focus on tired heels, soles, and the balls of your feet after an intense workout or long day at work. In the spirit of luxury, your at-home spa also arrives with 3 attachments for a full pedicure treatment. Toss in some salts or oils, and you’ll be pretty, pain-free, and totally peaceful in no time!
- RELIEVE SORE, WORN OUT FEET – Multifunction Massaging Foot Spa Comforts Achy Heels, Toes, Arches & Ankles; Ideal for Athletes & People Who Work on Their Feet
- INTENSE VIBRATING MASSAGE – Invigorating Vibration Encourages Circulation & Soothes Weary Feet; Activate Motorized Rollers to Target Tense & Tired Soles
- OXYGENATING BUBBLE ACTION – Multiple Water Jets Create Thousands of Calming Bubbles to Relieve Pressure & Pain; Add Essential Oil for Aromatherapy
- THE HEALING POWER OF HEAT – Water Warms Up to 122° F for Relaxing Spa Experience; Control Temperature to Help Swelling, Throbbing, Redness & More
- ADVANCED LED DISPLAY – Sophisticated System Features Timer & Multifunction Selection; Includes Free Brush & Acupressure Pedicure Attachments
- All-in-one: rolling massage with two removable massage rollers, heating therapy, oxygen bubbles massage, water wave and high-frequency vibration massage, and digital temperature and time control. LED display. Please note that the rollers are not motorized ones.
- You can adjust the temperature from 20 °C to 48 °C. With temperature indicator– blue light when below 42 °C; a red light when higher than 42 °C. It effectively promotes blood circulation, improves metabolism, relieves fatigue, and smoothens the meridians (Qi system).
- Uses quality PTC heating semiconductor– speed heating, maintaining a constant temperature, and secure multi-insulation protection. Safe and secure double overheating protection.
- You can set heat, bubble, HF vibration as you like. With anti-splash cover and removable herbal diffuser.
- Self-drainage. Body made of high-quality plastic — high-temperature resistance and aging resistance. Beautiful and elegant. Good for personal use and as gifts for others. 110V, 60HZ, 460 watts, UL listed. Comfortably fits up to a Men’s Size 14.
- ALL IN ONE FOOT SPA – Plunge your tired and achy feet after a hard day of work into the Gideon Foot Spa Bath Massager and enjoy the relaxing and soothing heated bubbling sensation, combined with a powerful motorized multi-rolling foot massage. Helps relieve tired feet, soreness and foot aches. Get a spa-like foot massage treatment in the comfort of your own home.
- RELAXING WATER JETS – Features four (4) bubbling water jets that completely envelopes your entire foot, toes, heals and ankles with oxygen-rich bubbles. Enjoy the soothing relaxing sensation of bubbling warm water gently caressing your feet, combined with deep massaging action. Large size comfortably fits up to a Men’s Size 16 and larger. The Gideon Foot Spa Bath features soothing blue LED lights for a nice added relaxing touch.
- MOTORIZED ROLLING MASSAGE – The Gideon Foot Spa Bath Massager features a total of six deep-massaging rollers; two (2) motorized and an additional four (4) standard rollers. The two (2) motorized rolling massagers are designed with unique mini multi-rollers for an amazingly deep yet gentle massage experience. Amazingly relieves all foot aches and pains; reduces redness, swelling, and soreness. Leaves your feet feeling extremely rejuvenated and refreshed.
- CONTROLLED HEATING – The Gideon Foot Spa Bath Massager features a digital accurate water temperature control system, allowing to set the precise desired water temperature. Temperature can be set to reach from 95F°up to 118F°; and it maintains the temperature so you can enjoy the heat, massage, and relaxation without the need to add any hot water during your foot spa session.
- PRECISE DIGITAL CONTROL – Features waterproof digital control buttons to allow to fully customize your foot spa session according to your precise needs. Set the duration of the spa session; choose from 10 minutes up to 1 hour. Control and maintain water temperature; select to power on/off the rolling massagers, and power on/off the bubbling water jets. Features 4 lockable rolling wheels and a convenient built-in water drain to help empty water after use.